Recipe by Horse n' Hound Gal
These are more like pancakes, they are great with chutney! From South India.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
These are so great!! I've never made dosas before, but I am no longer intimidated. I had a hard time with them at first, because the first one stuck horribly to my frying pan; I just switched to a non-stick pan and the problem was completely solved. Thank you so much for posting this novel and delicious recipe...it was really hard to stop eating them!
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup red lentil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice and lentils in a bowl, cover with water and let soak for 8 hours.
- Drain off water, reserve.Place rice and lentils in a food processer and blend till smooth. Blend in water.
- Scrape into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let ferment for 24 hours.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Heat a frying pan and add a little oil.
- Spread 3 tbsp of batter in the pan into a 15 cm dosa.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until set. Drizzle a little oil over the dosa and flip. Cook for another minute.
- Keep them warm in the oven while making the others.