Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
These are more like pancakes, they are great with chutney! From South India.
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup red lentil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Place rice and lentils in a bowl, cover with water and let soak for 8 hours.
- Drain off water, reserve.Place rice and lentils in a food processer and blend till smooth. Blend in water.
- Scrape into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let ferment for 24 hours.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Heat a frying pan and add a little oil.
- Spread 3 tbsp of batter in the pan into a 15 cm dosa.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until set. Drizzle a little oil over the dosa and flip. Cook for another minute.
- Keep them warm in the oven while making the others.
These are so great!! I've never made dosas before, but I am no longer intimidated. I had a hard time with them at first, because the first one stuck horribly to my frying pan; I just switched to a non-stick pan and the problem was completely solved. Thank you so much for posting this novel and delicious recipe...it was really hard to stop eating them!