Red Lentil & Coconut Curry
- Put the lentils into a sacuepan and add the 3 2/3 cups water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Using a mortar and pestle(or food processor), crush the fresh ginger, 2/3 of the chilies, and 2 of the garlic cloves until smooth. Add to the lentils.
- Add the coconut milk, turmeric, ground ginger, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Cook gently, stirring for 1 minute, then increase the heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until any excess liquid has evaporated. Taste for seasoning.
- Crush the remaining garlic and set aside. Melt the butter in a skillet and add the mustard seeds. As soon as they begin to pop, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the crushed garlic and the remaining chopped chili.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to a warm serving dish and top with the garlic,chili, and mustard seed butter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!