Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tomato based vegetarian soup.
Make and share this Red Lentil and Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 500 g dried red lentils
- 7 cups water
- 850 g chopped tomatoes, canned
- 415 g tomato soup, canned
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan heat oil and saute onion, garlic and spices.
- Add washed lentils, water, tomatoes and soup. Stir together, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and salt and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
I found this on the Sanitarium website and and was going to post it myself...made this for dinner last night and it was great, 4 yr old DD and hubby both devoured theirs. Served with some garlic cheese bread for a healthy & filling dinner. It makes a lot too so I have extra to freeze and put away for a meal at another time.