A tasty vegetarian curry that only gets better -- so if you have made too much save it for a day or two!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2-1 red chili pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 650 ml water
- 250 g red lentils
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 11. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or large skillet.
- 22. Cook the onion until edges begin to turn brown.
- 33. Add ginger, garlic and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes or until tomato begins to break down.
- 44. Add the diced potatoes, stir once or twice to coat with flavour.
- 55. Add the chilli pepper (if using), curry powder, turmeric, coriander. Coat the potatoes well. Cook for five minutes.
- 66. Add the lentils and water. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft.
- 77. You may need to add additional water if the lentils are not cooked through but all the water has been absorbed.
- 88. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- 99. Serve with rice and naan bread.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil and Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.7 g