Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I stole this from a friend who is doing weight watchers. I didn't find much veggie inspiration in her books but this looked great. She told me I have to add this sentence in "3 weight watchers POINTS values per serving" whatever that means...
Top Review by Daniel C.
This curry was fab although I did make a few changes. I added green and yellow peppers a leek and some chilli to this dish. Also when serving I sprinkled in a little Garam masala and some pepper. Fantastic vegan recipe
- low-fat cooking spray, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 175 g dried red lentils
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml low-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add aubergine, lentils and stock to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 30 mins - stir frequently.
- If the lentils are not tender and mushy, boil the curry vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, coconut milk and coriander.
- Stir and serve.