Recipe by Jester's Lace
This looks like a great fall or winter salad. Very seasonal. From Everyday Food Light cookbook.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 in chunks
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces frozen green beans, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 ounces red leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes and onion with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet about 20 min, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir halfway through.
- Add green beans and walnuts to sheet. Roast about 5 min or until beans are tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, vinegar and and garlic to make a dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place roasted vegetables and nuts on a bed of lettuce and drizzle with dressing to serve.