Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe my mom gave me. They had a pot luck lunch and this was the rave of the day. It was pretty awsome when I tried it. I have to add though if a recipe has pecans in it I am automatically going to like it.
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- broccoli (just the tips in bite size pieces)
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (just the noodles)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- There will be more than enough dressing and pecans if you use 2 bundles of red lettuce.
- You can adjust accordingly.
- Crumble noodles and cover noodles and pecans with 3-4 T butter.
- Toast in oven until brown.
- (They can burn easily so keep an eye on them).
- Mix all together right before serving.
- The pecans and noodles can get soft if they are left in for an extended amount of time.
- Also, the dressing doesn't need to be refrigerated.
- It will start to solidify if it is chilled.
- Option- Last time I made it I added crumbled bleu cheese and it was wonderful in it.
Very Delicious! The pecans really added to the flavor of this salad. It was very easy and the salad dressing was very good as well. Thanks Lyn Gurski