Recipe by Sally Lyn
This is a recipe my mom gave me. They had a pot luck lunch and this was the rave of the day. It was pretty awsome when I tried it. I have to add though if a recipe has pecans in it I am automatically going to like it.
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- broccoli (just the tips in bite size pieces)
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (just the noodles)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- There will be more than enough dressing and pecans if you use 2 bundles of red lettuce.
- You can adjust accordingly.
- Crumble noodles and cover noodles and pecans with 3-4 T butter.
- Toast in oven until brown.
- (They can burn easily so keep an eye on them).
- Mix all together right before serving.
- The pecans and noodles can get soft if they are left in for an extended amount of time.
- Also, the dressing doesn't need to be refrigerated.
- It will start to solidify if it is chilled.
- Option- Last time I made it I added crumbled bleu cheese and it was wonderful in it.