Recipe by fresh fanatic
This is a very pretty, simple salad. I just made this recently, and the pears were just perfect! The dressing is great for other salads too! This makes a light lunch or dinner. (from webmd.com)
Top Review by Annacia
This is not only lovely with the deep red and green of the lettuce as a backdrop for the white pear slices and golden nuts but it's also delicious. The blended sweetness and tang of the dressing with the fun pops of the poppy seed is ideal with the other ingredients. This would make a perfect Christmas side salad or a great summer lunch made with apple in place of the pear.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 10 cups red leaf lettuce, rinsed and well-drained and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 pears, cored, and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces (or slice, Try coring the pears by cutting in half and core with a melon baller)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vinegar,juice,oil, mustard, and honey to food processor or blender and pulse until well-combined. Stir in poppy seeds and add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Reserve 1/4 cup of dressing and set aside.
- Add lettuce and walnuts to (very!) large bowl and pour remaining dressing on top, and toss to coat well. (I would add the walnuts at the end; they tend to fall to the bowl's bottom.).
- Divide lettuce among eight individual salad plates or borls. Add pears to large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup dressing, or arrange on salads and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing. Spoon pears evenly on salads.