Recipe by threeovens
You don't really have to use just red leaf lettuce, but any lettuce will do. This recipe is from "Real Simple" magazine. You will have leftover dressing for another use.
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl, combine lettuce, red peppers, and capers.
- Whisk together red wine vinaigrette ingredients OR place them in a lidded glass jar and give them a good shake.
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Top with shaved cheese.