Recipe by Inge 1505
Tasty and pretty enough for guests. If you don't have raspberry vinegar use a little more balsamico, which has not as much acid. I use a nutty flavored oil, but I think a fruity olive oil should work, too.
Top Review by BarbryT
Very tasty. Made exactly as specified (well, except that I served in a bowl rather than on a platter). I do think the dressing was rather "plain." I believe I would have liked a note of sweetness in it.
For the salad
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 peach
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces chevre cheese, very young
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl pour boiling water over peach until completely covered, let sit 30-60 seconds, remove peach and cool in cold water. Peel skin and cut peach from pit in 8-12 wedges.
- Wash lettuce and spin dry. Arrange on a flat serving platter. Arrange peach wedges on top.
- Either cut or crumble chevre with your hands in 1/2 inch pieces over salad.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and basil.
- For dressing dissolve salt in vinegar, add other ingredients until well blended. Adjust acidity to your taste with a little more vinegar or a pinch of sugar.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.