1/2 Photos of Red Leaf Lettuce With Peach and Fresh Chevre
Inge 1505's Note:
Tasty and pretty enough for guests. If you don't have raspberry vinegar use a little more balsamico, which has not as much acid. I use a nutty flavored oil, but I think a fruity olive oil should work, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 peach
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces chevre cheese, very young
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing
- 1In a small bowl pour boiling water over peach until completely covered, let sit 30-60 seconds, remove peach and cool in cold water. Peel skin and cut peach from pit in 8-12 wedges.
- 2Wash lettuce and spin dry. Arrange on a flat serving platter. Arrange peach wedges on top.
- 3Either cut or crumble chevre with your hands in 1/2 inch pieces over salad.
- 4Sprinkle with walnuts and basil.
- 5For dressing dissolve salt in vinegar, add other ingredients until well blended. Adjust acidity to your taste with a little more vinegar or a pinch of sugar.
- 6Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Leaf Lettuce With Peach and Fresh Chevre
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: