Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lesotho, officially the Kingdom of Lesotho, is a landlocked country, completely surrounded by its only neighbouring country, South Africa. The friendly baristas brew Rooibos tea very, very strong – they actually have a special fine grind that can be run through an espresso machine. The tea comes out a deep red, so dark it’s almost black. You can use any Rooibos tea, I used tea bags. I will be looking for the loose leaf so I can make this again. Rooibos tea has an added bonus, it's caffeine free! And it doesn't get bitter if you simmer it or let it steep a long time.
- 1⁄4 cup rooibos tea, brewed double to triple strength
- 1⁄2 cup of steamed almond milk (or milk of choice)
- honey, to taste
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- Brew tea double to triple strength or you can simmer on the stove for even more strength. I used 4-5 Rooibos tea bags to 2 cup of water.
- Add honey to taste.
- Top with steamed milk. I just heated up almond milk till hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle in a dusting of cinnamon, or more to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.