Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a complimentary dish served by a local upscale restaurant. They serve it before you receive your salad along with a dish of fresh vegtable sticks and olives. I can make a meal on just on the veggies and this bean salad. (Prep time does not include the overnight chilling).
- 3 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon regina red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & pepper
- Mix mayonnaise, oil vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add onions and stir well.
- Then add the celery, beans and relish.
- Chill overnight.
I am a bean lover. The combination of ingredients looked very interesting so I had to try this. Very good and different which is what I like. Nice sweet-tart taste and oniony. I think my favorite ingredient is the sweet pickles. This made a really nice lunch for me to take to work. Thanks Merlot.
This makes a very good salad or as a side dish when you want something a little different. Very good!!
A great combination of flavors and textures.