Recipe by *Bellinda*
I make bean salads all the time. I wanted to change things up a bit from my usual vinegar or lemon juice vinaigrette. I like this on it's own as a snack or add fresh bread, boiled potatoes or rice for a healthy meal.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh herb, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix mayonnaise, oil,vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2. Add onions and stir well.
- 3. Then add the celery, tomatoes, beans, herbs and relish.
- 4. Chill for at least 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings and dressing if needed.
- Try different kind of beans and substituting the tomatoes with cucumbers or bell peppers.