Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and I discovered red bean hummus at a local restuarant, after finding a basic recipe on the internet I spent some time playing with the flavors to expand the recipe. This recipe using roasted red pepper is a beautiful red color and I recommend topping with a small amount of olive tapenade to really enhance the flavors nicely. I used half of a four ounce jar of roasted red peppers, however if you prefer you can use fresh roasted red peppers.
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until well combined.