Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought I would share some of my favorites, These are some that I have to make quite often.
- 2 quarts apple cider or 2 quarts apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup red-hot candies
- NOTE: You can find Red Hot's cinnamon candies usually in the candy isle of any grocery store, most come in a bag, they are located most of the time where the hard candies hang.
- Best made in a large coffee pot (the big metal ones)
- But you can use microwave or stove.
- Slowly heat the apple cider and the red hots to melt the candies in juice, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Best when served hot.
This is really wonderful. I cooked on the stove to to begin with to mostly melt all of the red hots. Then I transferred to a crockpot to keep warm all day. So delicious. Will definitely be making next year for Christmas!
My mom made this years ago, and I've been meaning to make it again, but red hots are hard to find around here unless it's February. But now that I have the ratio--2 qt juice : 1/2 c red hots! yay!--I'll be making it this Valentine's Day for my hubby.
Very good. A nice change from regular apple cider. I couldn't find the Red Hots, so I used Cinnamon Jolly Ranchers, and just crushed them first.