Recipe by Bev
Firey chili puree, nutty sesame seeds, soy sauce and some light brown sugar come together in this Asian-inspired dressing to add a zesty punch to rice and nookle salads. From Eating Well.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small dry skillet over low heat.
- Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar and chili puree in another bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in scallions and sesame seeds.
- Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Note: Will keep in refridgerator up to 1 week.