This recipe is courtesy of Robin, it is my BF's absolute favorite, he could eat this for breakfast lunch and dinnner. To speed up the recipe you can just buy a bag of Simply Potatoes (homestyle work best). Great for camping, cut everything up ahead of time, cook the potatoes and then store in ziplocks in your cooler till ready to cook. Edit: due to the last review, I wanted to make sure you knew to use Franks Red Hot, which is a lot different from Tabasco sauce. It isn't quite as strong, but it still has quite a kick to it, so start out with just a small amount and then add more to your taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes, peppers and onion until cooked through, the onions should begin to turn brown and the potatoes should be nicely browned and fork tender.
- 2Add Polish Sausage and heat through.
- 3Douse with the franks red hot (I use an entire bottle, but you should do it to taste).
- 4Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Hot Sausage and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 2154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g