Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Robin, it is my BF's absolute favorite, he could eat this for breakfast lunch and dinnner. To speed up the recipe you can just buy a bag of Simply Potatoes (homestyle work best). Great for camping, cut everything up ahead of time, cook the potatoes and then store in ziplocks in your cooler till ready to cook. Edit: due to the last review, I wanted to make sure you knew to use Franks Red Hot, which is a lot different from Tabasco sauce. It isn't quite as strong, but it still has quite a kick to it, so start out with just a small amount and then add more to your taste. Enjoy!
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes, peppers and onion until cooked through, the onions should begin to turn brown and the potatoes should be nicely browned and fork tender.
- Add Polish Sausage and heat through.
- Douse with the franks red hot (I use an entire bottle, but you should do it to taste).
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.
I am giving this four stars after modifications I made after trying this recipe the first time. My husband and I tried it the first time as written and could hardly eat it, Way too hot!!! I made it today with just a few dashes of hot sauce tobasco chipotle and it was excellent!!