Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend after she brought it to a church dinner. It is quick and tastes amazingly good! I've used it for a Valentine dinner party. Prep time does not include soaking or chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 package cherry Jell-O, 3 ounce
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Soak red hots in 1/2 cup water overnight.
- Dissolve jello in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add red hots and water mixture.
- Chill until partly set.
- Stir in apples, celery and nuts.
- Chill until firm.