Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 24 hot peppers
- 12 tomatoes
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- Wash and drain the vegetables.
- Seed and chop the peppers; core and chop the tomatoes.
- Put the vegetables in a kettle with 2 cups vinegar, bring to a boil, and boil until vegetables are soft.
- Press the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Add the sugar and salt and the spices, tied in a bag, and boil until the sauce is thick.
- Add the remaining vinegar continue to boil for about 15 minutes or until the sauce is the desired consistency.
- Discard the spice bag and seal, boiling-hot into hot jars.
I used 12 Jalapeno and 12 red chili peppers. Also added 2 tbsp cayenne. I like the heat instead of the sweet. Great flavor. A little mild on spice. Will add more cayenne and cut sugar by 1/2 next time I make it.
I made this using jalapeno peppers, and also added in some fresh garlic too, I love this recipe! thanks for sharing JQ, I look forward to making this many more times!...Kitten:)