Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another hot sauce recipe to use up my ghost chillis. Taken from here. http://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/2012/11/homemade-ghost-chile-hot-sauce.html sure is worth checking out the site. Not sure how much this will yield.
- 6 ghost chilies
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, pureed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- water, to cover
- Wearing gloves, remove stems and seeds from ghost chiles.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetable are soft.
- Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar or plastic container.