Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
A spicy ginger snap with an extra kick, Red Hot candies mixed through out. A lighter variation of Aroostook's Ginger Snap Recipe.
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups red-hot candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together first six ingredients until smooth.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the water and knead the dough until all ingredients are incorporated and the dough forms into one ball that holds together.
- Cut ball into 4 equal pieces.
- Divide each pieces into 12 equal pieces.
- Wet the palms of your hands slightly while doing the next step.
- Roll the dough into a ball between the palms of your hands then press and flatted the dough into a cookie(about 1/8-inch thick).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies crisp up when cool.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.