Recipe by Stir Fry Superfly
Not for the faint at heart or bland at palate. This shrimp is for the garlic lover that likes a little (or a lot of) heat. Dont substitute the butter for oil and dont substitute the cilantro for parsley (otherwise it is just like every other garlic shrimp!). I like to serve it on a medium rare T-bone with a baked potato but it is just as good out of the skillet with a crusty roll.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails on
- 2 -4 dried Thai chiles (or any spicy pepper)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, coarse chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on medium heat in skillet.
- Crush dried chilies into melted butter and then add minced garlic and bay leaf.
- Saute for 1 minute but dont let garlic brown just yet.
- Add shrimp and let cook (stirring occasionally) for 2-3 minutes until just turned pink.
- Squeeze in half a lemon, salt and pepper to taste, and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle on cilantro and serve immediately.