Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good party dish. The chicken is marinated the night before, so all you have to do on the day is to cook it in a very hot oven and serve with wedges of lemon and a green salad.
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Skin the chicken pieces and cut two slits into each piece.
- Arrange them single layer in a glass or ceramic dish and pour the lemon juice over them.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour the sauce over the chicken pieces, turning them to coat throughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and arrange single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake for another 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad and enjoy!