Recipe by Miss Annie
El Chico use to serve a dish similar to this. Serve it as a side dish or as a condiment with your enchiladas, chile, or beans.
Top Review by JustJanS
I cooked and marinated these as the recipe said, then briefly reheated them to serve with a standing rib roast by Bobbiegirl. These had lots of flavour were easy, and I will reserve my final judgement until I serve them cold as suggested! Thanks for another yummy recipe Ann.
- 1 lb carrot, sliced into rounds
- 1 -2 pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons jalapeno pickling liquid
- 2 teaspoons oil, preferably canola or corn
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the carrots in a pan of boiling water, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Drain again.
- In a nonreactive bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add the carrots to the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for a least 24 hours.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- if needed.
- They will keep in refrigerator for several days.