Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you are tired of garlic bread or dinner rolls with you meal, then try these tasty little biscuits. A little on the spicy side, but really good. Had this with our steak dinner last night. Found this cut out of a magazine in my Mom's recipe book, but could not tell which one. Really easy to make.
- 2 3⁄4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick, Red Pepper and 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder.
- With a fork, stir in milk and cheese until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Combine butter and remaining Garlic Powder.
- Bursh on dough tops.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
These were very good. Will be making again. Thanks
Crumbly and very flavorful. I made my own baking mix but that was the only change made. Loved the "spike" of red pepper here! These made a great fast addition to our meal! Thanks Nimz! Congrats on your win! *Made for Football Pot ~ Week One Winner- NIMZ!*
I made a lighter version of these guessing the grand flavors would suitably mask the lost in fat content. Recipe #145489 was the base of the recipe along with skim milk and soy cheddar cheese. I did brush the tops with real butter as a little indulgence can go a long way, as it did here. They were just delicious and were a featured addition to a simple Christmas breakfast along with scrambled eggs.