Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy blue/bleu cheese burger adapted from a local blues-y BBQ joint (Red, Hot & Blue) that has now closed down. They called it The Blackwoods burger and DH & I absolutely loved it! My ingredient measures are rough estimates...you build this burger with the amounts that appeal to you.
- 2 beef burgers, cooked as you like it (pepper-crusted would be good)
- 2 kaiser rolls, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Coleslaw (homemade or deli)
- 4 slices bacon, crispy cooked (optional, my addition) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions (optional, my addition) (optional)
- To assemble, lay your toasted bun bottoms out. Spread with BBQ sauce.
- Now to layer. Place your burger on the bun and top with a little more BBQ sauce, if you like.
- Top each burger with half of the remaining ingredients, in this order (or whatever order you'd like): bacon, blue cheese, jalapenos, slaw, french fried onions.
- Top with bun. Secure with toothpick if needed. Eat with LOTS of napkins on hand.