Yummy blue/bleu cheese burger adapted from a local blues-y BBQ joint (Red, Hot & Blue) that has now closed down. They called it The Blackwoods burger and DH & I absolutely loved it! My ingredient measures are rough estimates...you build this burger with the amounts that appeal to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 beef burgers, cooked as you like it (pepper-crusted would be good)
- 2 kaiser rolls, toasted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup Coleslaw (homemade or deli)
- 4 slices bacon, crispy cooked (optional, my addition) (optional)
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions (optional, my addition) (optional)
- 1To assemble, lay your toasted bun bottoms out. Spread with BBQ sauce.
- 2Now to layer. Place your burger on the bun and top with a little more BBQ sauce, if you like.
- 3Top each burger with half of the remaining ingredients, in this order (or whatever order you'd like): bacon, blue cheese, jalapenos, slaw, french fried onions.
- 4Top with bun. Secure with toothpick if needed. Eat with LOTS of napkins on hand.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, Hot and Bleu Burger
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 1326.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: