Recipe by mollypaul
A zesty twist on guacamole. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 3 large green chilies (Hatch or Anaheim)
- 2 small onions, peeled and minced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chilled
- 3 large ripe avocados
- salt, to taste
- mayonnaise or French dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat chili peppers in oven until skin blisters; wash in cold water, peel and remove seeds, chop fine.
- Mince tomato.
- Add onions and minced tomato to the roasted peppers.
- Peel avocados; remove seeds, mash and add to the chopped vegetables.
- Season with salt to taste and mayonnaise or french dressing.