Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Got this from the Food Network. It was Mike Reeder from Boonville, IN entry in the Manly Man Chili Cook-Off. One of my family's favorites.
- 2 serrano chilies
- 2 habanero peppers
- 6 lbs sirloin, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups beer
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- Slice pepper in half, place in small pan of water and simmer for 20 mins.
- Drain well, finely chop peppers and set aside.
- In large dutch oven brown beef in oil over medium heat.
- Drain and add water, beer, and peppers.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add garlic, salt, oregano, cumin, red pepper, chili powder, tabasco, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 90 mins.
- Chili may be eaten now or may continue to simmer.
- Serve in large bowls with garnishes of sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese.