Prep 3 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmm, fresh veggies in a southwestern-flavored lime-cilantro vinaigrette! This cool salad goes with all types of grilled foods, Mexican dishes like enchiladas, black beans and rice, just about anything! And if you get tired of plain old red and green, add some golden peppers or tomatoes for something a little different. Prep time includes chilling/blending time.
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled,seeded and chopped
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion, white and part of green
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (I'm guilty of using more)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- salt and black pepper
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions and peppers in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss gently to thoroughly coat.
- Chill for at least 2 or 3 hours.
Nice salad with a fresh vinaigrette. Easy to prepare. Perfect for summer!