Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the slaw my mom puts on her pulled pork sandwiches. It's really, really great. This is from the Martha Stewart Cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green cabbage, shredded
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage and toss until well coated.
- The slaw can be made several hours in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Very nice with pork sandwiches. I added a pinch of celery seed. I should not have done that. Was better before, but still very good. WIll definitely make again. I could also almost see this as a sauce for pulled pork.
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I can now no longer eat "regular" mayo-based slaw. This is the only stuff for me. I am surprised it is not rated higher. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with a good pulled pork sammy. We made a batch of this to go along with the pulled pork that we served at our daughter's christening. No leftovers!!!
I was so happy to find this recipe to accompany the pulled pork I made for a party. This is so easy, especially if you cheat and use the bagged coleslaw mix like I did. Really tasty and great on the pulled pork sandwiches (I used Mean Chef's recipe for the pork). Thanks for posting!