Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian, Kitty Morse.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions, 8-10 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with butter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sacepan over medium heat, heat tomatoes, crusing them lightly with a fork.
- Add cream and Swiss cheese. Cook, stirring until cheese dissolves, 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, divide cooked tortellini among 6 plates. Top with sauce and garnish with basil.