Recipe by JanuaryBride
A finalist in Cooking Light's Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest, published in their Jan/Feb 2010 issue. Sounds great.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces red grapefruit sections (may use fresh if you have time to do so)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush avocado slices with lime juice.
- Arrange 1.5 cups spinach on each of 6 small plates; top each serving with avocado slices and grapefruit sections.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a small bowl; whisk until sugar dissolves. Gradually add oil, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Drizzle 1.5 t dressing over each salad.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 t sunflower seeds and about 1 T pomegranate seeds.