Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is taken from a German monthly cooking magazine called "Für jeden Tag" (everyday cooking). It is a very fresh, beautiful to look at and yummy pasta salad, that is great for all occasions. It is simple to prepare and sure to impress guests. I used red radishes in place of some of the tomatoes, but you can add your favourite veggie or use only tomato. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
- 150 g rotini pasta (or corkscrew macaroni or penne)
- 300 g green asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved (or use a combination of veggies)
- 150 g feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine, can use less)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional) or 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare asaparagus: Rinse under water, cut off the ends and peel the bottom 1/3 of each stalk. Cut into 2 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan. When its hot add the asparagus and sautee over medium heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and sautee another minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a big bowl combine cherry tomatoes, asparagus, feta and pasta. Toss to mix and sprinkle with pine nuts or sunflower seeds if using.
This was easy to prepare. It was great to find a pasta salad without mayo, yogurt or sour cream. I made 1/2 of this recipe with feta cheese and 1/2 without as I can't have cheese. Such a refreshing salad.
A delightful salad and such a Christmasy look too. Ideal for this time of the year - summer. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Made for Ausie Kiwi Swap Dec 2010.
I'm so pleased to be the first to review and very highly recommend this wonderful salad. It's not difficult to put together and the serving of mixed warm and chilled ingredients is most pleasant. I used whole wheat rotini, no sugar ((didn't miss it in the least) and after talking with Loula, mozzarella cheese since the local store wasn't willing to get it for me. The flavors are bountiful and this makes a great summer meal on it's own. I'll be having this often ! Made for Photo Tag.