1/3 Photos of Red, Gold and Green Asparagus- Tomato- Pasta Salad
This recipe is taken from a German monthly cooking magazine called "Für jeden Tag" (everyday cooking). It is a very fresh, beautiful to look at and yummy pasta salad, that is great for all occasions. It is simple to prepare and sure to impress guests. I used red radishes in place of some of the tomatoes, but you can add your favourite veggie or use only tomato. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g rotini pasta (or corkscrew macaroni or penne)
- 300 g green asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved (or use a combination of veggies)
- 150 g feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine, can use less)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional) or 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile prepare asaparagus: Rinse under water, cut off the ends and peel the bottom 1/3 of each stalk. Cut into 2 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
- 3Heat the oil in a pan. When its hot add the asparagus and sautee over medium heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and sautee another minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 4In a big bowl combine cherry tomatoes, asparagus, feta and pasta. Toss to mix and sprinkle with pine nuts or sunflower seeds if using.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, Gold and Green Asparagus- Tomato- Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g