Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe is taken from a German monthly cooking magazine called "Für jeden Tag" (everyday cooking). It is a very fresh, beautiful to look at and yummy pasta salad, that is great for all occasions. It is simple to prepare and sure to impress guests. I used red radishes in place of some of the tomatoes, but you can add your favourite veggie or use only tomato. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was easy to prepare. It was great to find a pasta salad without mayo, yogurt or sour cream. I made 1/2 of this recipe with feta cheese and 1/2 without as I can't have cheese. Such a refreshing salad.
- 150 g rotini pasta (or corkscrew macaroni or penne)
- 300 g green asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved (or use a combination of veggies)
- 150 g feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine, can use less)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional) or 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare asaparagus: Rinse under water, cut off the ends and peel the bottom 1/3 of each stalk. Cut into 2 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan. When its hot add the asparagus and sautee over medium heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and sautee another minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a big bowl combine cherry tomatoes, asparagus, feta and pasta. Toss to mix and sprinkle with pine nuts or sunflower seeds if using.