Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I got this from allrecipes.com in a daily email. Sounds good and I love mashed potatoes but not always in the mood for gravy or loading them down with cheese.
Top Review by momaphet
Simple and tasty, I skipped the sugar and though I added the steak seasoning it didn't come through much . I added extra black pepper as I like a little bite to my potatoes. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
- 8 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot add potatoes, 1 tsp garlic and enough water to cover potatoes.
- Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in same pot.
- Add butter and mash until butter is melted.
- Add in cream, sugar, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and remaining 1 tsp crushed garlic.
- Mix until smooth using an electric mixer.