Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from allrecipes.com in a daily email. Sounds good and I love mashed potatoes but not always in the mood for gravy or loading them down with cheese.
- 8 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot add potatoes, 1 tsp garlic and enough water to cover potatoes.
- Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in same pot.
- Add butter and mash until butter is melted.
- Add in cream, sugar, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and remaining 1 tsp crushed garlic.
- Mix until smooth using an electric mixer.
Simple and tasty, I skipped the sugar and though I added the steak seasoning it didn't come through much . I added extra black pepper as I like a little bite to my potatoes. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
These were quite good and easy. I, too, omitted the sugar, but the addition of steak seasoning (combined with the garlic) is a very good choice. And, they DO stand along. No gravy needed
A great mashed potato recipe. My biggest complaint is I didn't know how large the potatoes should be or their weight so I used approx. 2 lbs. and I also didn't stir in the raw garlic, I cooked it all with the potatoes. They were smooth and creamy fixed with the electric mixer. Made for Football Pool 2013.