Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A typical Green Mountain dish from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947 Traditionally, this is the second appearance of the New England boiled dinner. Any leftover meat and vegetables may be used.
- Chop beets and potatoes, mix with the chopped beef and season to taste.
- Place two tablespoons of the butter in a heavy frying pan.
- Add mixture and moisten with a little hot water.
- Cover and cook slowly until meat is cooked and browned.
- When nearly ready to serve, add cream and remaining butter.
- Brown quickly and serve.