Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Tennessee Magazine: This gravy can be made with the fat left after country ham has been fried. The ham is never fried with flour or batter. Darkening the grave with instant coffee is optional.
- dripping, from country ham that has been pan fried
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- After country ham has been fried, add sugar to fat left over in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Allow sugar to brown while scraping residue left from fried meat.
- While very hot, add water and simmer for 1 minute or until well blended.
- If desired, add instant coffee.
- Serve warm.
Lemme say I'm never pouring cold water into hot grease again. Thanks for the burns.