Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Red as in watering from the cayenne pepper! Quick, lo-cal, and spicy hot!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat 1 T. oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan and sprinkle with half the seasonings (to be honest, I don't even measure them, I just sprinkle them on until the chicken has a nice dusting).
- Brown for 2-3 minutes. Turn chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Continue frying until chicken is cooked through, turning if necessary to cook evenly. Remove chicken to serving platter.
- To skillet, add remaining 1 T. oil and flour. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, until flour is well combined and brown.
- Gradually add broth and tomato sauce to flour mixture, stirring until sauce is smooth and thickened. Season with salt and cayenne to taste.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.