Recipe by Annie W.
A very basic and mild red Enchilada Sauce that can be used in many ways. Can easily be made hotter by adding spices, jalapenos or using hot chili powder. It is quick and easy.
Top Review by KeyWee
This recipe is exactly as described - mild & flavorful. My picky eater DH loved this sauce so I am adding it to my cookbook. It's also quick & easy to make, and there is enough for a 13x9 pan of enchildadas. Next time I will double the recipe and freeze half for later. Thanks, Annie!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices and flour in olive oil in saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth and tomato sauce and cook and stir until thickened.
- Use as red sauce over any beef, game, cheese or poultry enchiladas.
- A good mild sauce than can be easily"warmed" up by adding jalapenos, chipotles or other spices.