1/3 Photos of Red Enchilada Sauce
Annie (Chef #21486)'s Note:
A very basic and mild red Enchilada Sauce that can be used in many ways. Can easily be made hotter by adding spices, jalapenos or using hot chili powder. It is quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix spices and flour in olive oil in saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and starting to brown.
- 2Slowly add chicken broth and tomato sauce and cook and stir until thickened.
- 3Use as red sauce over any beef, game, cheese or poultry enchiladas.
- 4A good mild sauce than can be easily"warmed" up by adding jalapenos, chipotles or other spices.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g