Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A variation of a traditional favorite.
Make and share this Red Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, cover eggs with cold water and heat to boiling; boil one minute, turn off heat, cover saucepan, and let sit 15 minutes.
- Once eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out yolks and place in a bowl; set whites on serving platter.
- Using the side of a knife or a mortar and pestle, smash garlic with salt to form a paste.
- Combine garlic paste with yolks, smashing both with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, tomato paste, vinegar, pepper, and paprika and mash with form until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Spoon yolk mixture back into whites and dust with additional paprika.
These are quite unusual, and very different from the ordinary deviled egg. My husband LOOOOOVED them! Thanks for posting!
I was skeptical of the tomato paste but this recipe was so interesting I just had to try it. The tomato paste was not overpowering at all; it was just enough to add a new & exciting flavor to the mayo. The smoked paprika was a nice change as well. I made 2 dozen eggs today, half this recipe & half my traditional recipe. These are all gone already! We really enjoyed them. :) Thanks for sharing, Kitty! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.