Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe (which tastes like Kool-Aid) adds an 'optional' twist of placing a treat in the ice cubes. Use Amaretto and peppermint for Christmas, blackberry brandy and candy corn for Halloween, peach schnapps and marachino cherry for Thanksgiving, and frozen blueberries and honeydew cubes for an American celebration. You can reduce the servings (to 8 ounces per glass) to individual drinks and serve them as cocktails for a smaller gathering. :)
- 40 pieces peppermint candies (see description)
- 12 ounces orange juice
- 12 ounces triple sec
- 9 ounces vodka
- 9 ounces Amaretto (see recipe description for alternatives)
- 9 ounces Southern Comfort
- 9 ounces gin
- 3 ounces grenadine
- Using several ice cube trays, place 1 peppermint (see description) into each cube and fill halfway with water (or any clear liquid such as white wine, vodka, ginger ale, etc. Freeze until solid. (Use half red-half green peppermints for a great effect).
- Pour enough water over frozen cubes to fill trays about 1/2 of the way up, and freeze until solid. Add more water to top of tray and freeze again until solid. Place frozen mint cubes in large ziplock bag until needed. NOTE: If you don't have enough trays, once the cubes are fully frozen, place them into a freezer ziploc bag and repeat till you get enough cubes.
- About 2 hrs before (or at serving time), mix remaining ingredients together in a gallon jug, blend well and chill until needed. Give a good shake and transfer to punchbowl, add peppermint ice cubes and serve.