Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Red because it has red potatoes and devil because it is spicy. Feel free to seed the jalapeno if you don't like it hot! PREP TIME INCLUDES COOLING TIME!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip, light
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry (I used hot)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 8 -10 red potatoes (boiled,cubed and cooled)
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and place yolks in a large bowl.
- Add Miracle Whip, Dijon mustard, vinegar, curry, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk together. (Sometimes I use a mixer to get yolks nice and smooth).
- Add celery and jalapeno.
- Chop egg whites; add egg whites.
- Fold in cooked and cooled potatoes.
- Refrigerate at least thirty minutes and enjoy!
Very unique and tasty version of potato salad. I did reduce the curry powder to 1/2 T. I used seranno peppers and kept the seeds in. Tenderfoots might pass this recipe by. Was better tasting at room temp.