Not your average hot dog--simple, but very kid-friendly!
Make and share this Red Devil Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Cook onion & garlic over medium-low heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, mustard, sugar, and chili sauce. Continue heating until flavors are well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Split each hot dog lengthwise, and arrange split-side up in shallow pan.
- Spoon sauce over hot dogs and heat under broiler for 3-5 minutes, until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve hot on buns, spoon on extra sauce.
Now that's a hotdog! tasty, juicey and delicious! I had a couple of slices of yellow sweet pepper and tomato slices to use up, so I chopped them up and added them to the onions and garlic. Also added half a teaspoon of chipotle sauce for a little kick. Before putting them under the broiler I added a layer of cheddar cheese to melt into the sauce. mmmmmm yum! I cut the recipe back to just two, worked out just fine. I will be making these again, thanks for posting.
I omitted the sugar but otherwise followed the recipe as written. The tangy sauce was a different way to enjoy hot dogs.
This made a nice lunch for DH today and went together in no time. It is a bit tangy and you have to have a love for onions. We've never had RedDevil HotDogs b/f and so this was a first. I"m glad I tagged this recipe and finally can say we have:-). Made for ZaarStars.~