Recipe by Hey Jude
Red Thai curry paste is pretty hot so I start with a small amount and add more if needed. Serve this curry over rice to soak up the sauce.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
This would be a good side dish without the tofu. There's a whole lot of sauce so rice is a must. I love spicy food and found 2 tsp of red curry paste quite hot; I'm sure it depends on the brand but with mine, any more would be too much.
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet (I use my nonstick wok) over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring every 2-3 minutes, until browned, about 6-8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, broth and curry paste to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tofu, green beans and brown sugar; return to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the green beans are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges, over rice if desired.