Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a feature of soups from our local paper.
Make and share this Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut cream (250ml)
- coriander leaves (to serve aka cilantro)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the brown onion and garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely grated ginger and red curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped sweet potato and chicken stock and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and bring back to a simmer.
- Blend with a hand held blender (or transfer to a processor - if you do this return to the pot to heat back up) until smooth.
- Divide between bowls and decorate with coriander leaves.
We really enjoyed this soup this evening. I wanted a thinner soup so I used less sweet potato, and it turned out perfect. Sweet potato and red curry paste are such a natural combination. Of course, it's just an added bonus that this cooks so quickly. This made three servings for us, with me claiming the third serving for lunch tomorrow.
Absolutely delicious soup! I used a red curry coriander paste and combined with the sweet potatoes and coconut milk, this soup was perfect. I served the soup along with a savory Corn and Zucchini Muffin. Great ending to a wonderful day! Made for the AUS/NZ recipe tag.
This is so delicious!! I added a little fish sauce at serving time. I've also made big batches and frozen it - it reheats perfectly for lunches, etc.