Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
You can use either chicken or fish for this, or equally veggies like courgette, mushrooms etc as a pretty side dish. This makes a fantastic starter to an Asian themed dinner. You'll also need 4 individual bowls for steaming, or foil bowls, or banana leaf cups.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 20 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime peel, finely shredded
- Put coconut cream & rice flour into a small pot and bring to a boil. Set aside (don't allow this to get cold though).
- In a large bowl, put the egg, chicken (fish or veges, if using), red curry paste, soy & oyster sauces and palm sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Put the cabbage and then the basil leaves (5 per serving) into the bottom of each little bowl.
- Divide the chicken (fish or veges) mixture evenly between the 4 bowls (they will be quite full, but don't worry, as the cabbage & chicken cooks this will shrink down), top with the lime peel and steam for 15 minutes (or until chicken is cooked).
- Top with the thickened coconut cream recipe and steam for a further minute. Garnish with finely sliced red chili if desired.