Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Taste of Thai - just in time for summer corn and shrimp!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 3 potatoes, small cleaned and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb shrimp, small (peeled and deveined)
- 42 ounces chicken broth
- Heat oil in 2 quart pot.
- Add celery, carrots, leeks and potatoes. Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Red Curry Paste. Cook 1 more minute while continuing to stir.
- Add chicken broth, Fish Sauce, sugar and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Once boil starts, reduce heat to medium low. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Coconut Milk, cilantro and shrimp. Cook 2-3 more minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve hot.