Buster's friend's Note:
Adapted from Taste of Thai - just in time for summer corn and shrimp!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- 3 potatoes, small cleaned and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb shrimp, small (peeled and deveined)
- 42 ounces chicken broth
- 1Heat oil in 2 quart pot.
- 2Add celery, carrots, leeks and potatoes. Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add Red Curry Paste. Cook 1 more minute while continuing to stir.
- 4Add chicken broth, Fish Sauce, sugar and corn. Bring to a boil.
- 5Once boil starts, reduce heat to medium low. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in Coconut Milk, cilantro and shrimp. Cook 2-3 more minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Curry Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste