Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Thai basil, fresh (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Bring coconut mill to simmer in large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in curry paste and sugar until disolved, bring to boil.
- Reduce to low heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shripm and veggies, cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and veggies are tender-crisp.
- Stir in basil (optional) and fish sauce.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.
This was excellent. We enjoyed the spicy flavor very much. My dh & I love curry and this one is delicious, quick and easy to make, with great results. I served it the first night with steamed rice and the second night with Tyler Florence's Roasted Sweet Potato Banana Puree and a little leftover rice. It was wonderful both ways. What a taste experience. The collosal shrimp really shone in this dish. Kudos on a recipe that I will make again and again. Thank you for sharing. :)